Sydenham Fall Virtual Run
Time & Location
About the Event
The 2020 Sydenham Fall Trail Run has been cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic, however we are excited to bring to you an awesome virtual event as a replacement.
Register now to complete either a virtual 8 km route at your own location, or you can make the trip to Sydenham to run the 8 km race on the Cataraqui Trail (see Course Options below).
RACE DATE RANGE
October 15-31, 2020
COURSE OPTIONS (Choose option 1 or 2)
- Cataraqui Trail, Sydenham, ON (beside Foodland, 4452 George St, Sydenham, ON K0H2T0). Note: Modified new 8km route, entirely on the Cataraqui Trail. Run/hike 4 km east, and then returning to where you started to complete your 8 km. (Only available if trail is open to public.)
- Choose any 8 km route of your choice.
(Note: While you can run any 8 km route that you wish to be eligible for draw prizes, only 8 km runs done on the actual Cataraqui Trail from Sydenham will be eligible for first place awards.)
Each registered participant will receive a custom design Sydenham Fall Virtual Run tech fabric head tube, to be mailed out following the event date range! These are great items that can be worn as various forms of headwear, or even as a face mask!
Early Bird Registration (before Aug 1): $25.00
Standard Registration (after Aug 1): $30.00
- Includes race souvenir to be mailed 2-3 weeks after event.
AWARDS AND PRIZES
- Fastest registered male and female to run the Sydenham course on the Cataraqui Trail between October 15-31 will receive a prize from one of our sponsors (minimum $100 value). To be eligible for awards, participants must register for virtual race before running, have a Strava account (basic/free) and join our Strava club. We have created a route for the race.
- All participants eligible for numerous draw prizes.
- All participants are doing this event at their own risk, and accept full responsibility.
- Please respect safe distancing.
- If running your race on the Cataraqui Trail, please use caution when road crossing on Clearwater Road (two crossings each direction).
RESULTS AND COMMUNITY
- Full results (on-site, remote and combined) will be posted after Nov 1.
- To be included in results, please send a link of your 8 km between Oct 15-31 from your public training log (or a GPX/Fit file) to our race statistician at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31, 11:59pm.
- Join the Sydenham Fall Virtual Run Strava Club (free membership) to follow along the fun, and see your results on the Cataraqui Trail race route on the Strava route.
- We encourage you to follow our FaceBook Event page, post on Instagram (Hashtag: #RunSydenham2020), share your training, share your race and help inspire, motivate and cheer on others.
IN SUPPORT OF i2P
A portion of proceeds from the race will go to support Impossible 2 Possible Experiential Youth Programs and Expeditions.
For more information, please contact info@HealthandAdventure.com
- Registration Fee (After Aug 1)$30+$0.75 Service fee$30+$0.75 Service fee0$0